Projects at UTRC include:
- Intelligent Video Analytics for Surveillance Applications
- Context-based Recognition of Activities, ONR program (2014-2016)
- Content-based event recognition, video search and retrieval
- Video quality analytics, video face analytics, and video fire analytics [UTC Lenel OnGuard Systems]
- Matrix Technology for Autonomous Helicopters
- Video analytics from moving platform for UTC Aerospace (UTAS) Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems: image mosaicing, object detection and tracking from UAVs
- Semantics based UAV autonomous shipboard/terrain landing based on video and LIDAR for full-scale Sikorsky helicopter S76 [Aviation Today, Defense News]
- Vision-based formation flight [PR Newswire]
- Automated Visual Inspection
- Field Assessment Signature Tool (FAST) for damage detection and metrology on mobile phone platform with 10x speedup of inspection time (in production).
- Automatic Borescope Inspection (ABI): defect detection and classification with DNN.
- 2D/3D Intelligent crowd sensing for energy-efficient and user-friendly elevator and escalator control.
- Prognostics and Health Management (PHM): HUMS anomaly detection
- Compressive Imaging
- Random Imaging for High Dynamic Range (HDR), multi-polarization and multi-spectral imaging.
- Compressive Electrical Capacitance Tomography (CECT)
- Compressive Sensing (CS) multi-spectral video camera, ONR program
- Imaging-through-turbulence for long-range imaging
Previous research site at UIUC on large-scale high-dimensional visual data analysis in: